Monday, January 25, 2010

[BreakingNews] GDragon exposes his feelings on the concert issue

GDragon had many labels in the past, some good and some bad. Big Bang’s leader. The youngest boy who was participating in HipHop albums by the age of 13. One of the top 8 composers that shined in 2008. Placing first in all possible music charts with his solo album. 2009’s greatest selling record. Plagiarism issues. Known for interesting fashion. And the most recent one, concert issues.

There had been a set of associated words with GDragon. However, he was the boy that went on along his way without any rest in the music world, but there will always be the critics commenting on his actions. Through an interview, we learned about what kind of a path he kept on going from that one little boy to a star that is loved by many people.

People who are close to GDragon say that he is “very detailed and trustworthy.” So detailed that he would check daily on every single detail of his album and watch the concert stage from the 3rd floor to make sure that his fans wouldn’t miss out on a thing. A person like that was slammed down on his first concert. It was all because of the sexy performance he displayed during his own song, ‘Breathe.’

GDragon stated, “I believe that since I am a singer for the public, I know that it is right for the public to judge me. No matter what I was trying to show, it was my fault if it [the concert] was disturbing and high level. I was only trying to show a stronger appearance because it wasn’t a public show, but a concert performance. I’m really sad that the response was different from what I expected.” While he was preparing his first concert, he was excited. Since the age of 13 entering YG Entertainment, this was the stage he was dreaming about for 10 years. He pondered on the videos to show, and explored each section of the audience seats to view how the stage would look from there. Big Bang’s stages also made him excited, but this solo concert that had his own name on it as a single singer meant the world to him.

“Seriously, I don’t know even remember how hard I rose up to this level for my solo concert. I might be saying this because I’m still young, but really when this concert ended, I really thought to myself, ‘I would want nothing else more.’” But, when I turned on the internet the next day, my heart crashed to see only the parts of concert torn apart with the issues.” He confessed that he faced sadness as a singer when he realized that the performances that he worked hard on was torn apart and that one cut represented his whole concert. Was it to much for him to show different sides of him to the audience that couldn’t easily access the concert?

“Instead of tears, fake laugh came out as I thought, ‘will I be cursed so that anywhere I go, I get bashed at?’” I didn’t want it to go this far. I just wanted to show my fans the different sides. In the performances I showed cute sides, and handsome sides, but why did it only get cut into this part? All the news paper articles had that strong word in them, and I was embrassed and sad that my parents might see these articles that only had one side to them.” He added on, “My thinking was short. However I just wish that people wouldn’t criticise me just for that one section. The song ‘Breathe’ in general is about not wanting to wake up from a dream because my ideal woman appears in them. Because of those lyrics I had a bed on stage and showed that I was searching my dreams. But the final product the public saw was, ”sex demonstration.” I was shocked and thought, ‘I’m not this, but I guess this is how I look to the people,’ realizing it then.”

He finally added, “Whether I get praised at, or slammed at, I think that is proof that the public is showing interests toward me. I have to understand the fact that telling me what part I did wrong helps me to improve in the future. The way I could he accepted and win praises is to do better on the next album. This once again reminded me that I have to do my best on the Big Bang album coming out this year.”

credit : nulsaranghae @ KBites + as labeled

No comments:

Post a Comment