Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Han Ye-seul offered You’re My Pet

Han Ye-seul (Will it Snow For Christmas) has been offered the lead role opposite Jang Geun-seok in You’re My Pet, the Korean movie remake of the Japanese manga and drama. According to her management company, she is looking favorably at the role, but hasn’t made her final decision yet.

Huh. I predict lots of anguished responses, but I guess I can kind of see it see it: The role is of a statuesque, beautiful professional woman. Han is tall and can play sophisticated hauteur (see: Fantasy Couple), and she’s certainly beautiful. She has been dogged with acting criticism throughout her career, though, so I can’t say I’m thrilled, but I don’t abhor the idea. It’s just that despite Jang’s youth, he has a more charismatic presence and a lovable charm and may (and will probably) out-act her.

You’re My Pet will begin shooting in June.

credit : javabeans

No comments:

Post a Comment